Our Class on Social Media

Friday, May 27, 2011

Goodbye to our 2nd Grade Buddies!



This year my 4th graders had the wonderful privilege of working with 2nd graders in Ms. Witherspoon's class. We had our final meeting several days before the end of school. As I watched the buddies interact, I remembered not only how they connected in the classroom through different activities, but I saw a strong connection outside of the classroom. As we saw our buddies in the halls, at the library, or in related arts, the connection was apparent through their waves, smiles, and attempts to capture the attention of the other without getting in trouble :) A bond developed between the 4th and 2nd grader that made me smile. These students helped develop within our school, the desired sense of "community" that transcended grade level status. As I observed this "community," I was proud and thankful to be a part of the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment