Our Class on Social Media

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Parent Share the Passion! (Parent Breakfast, 2011)

Parent Breakfast, 2011 proved to be a successful venture!  Students' parents came and enjoyed breakfast with their child, and then each class gathered in their own rooms to share what they have been learning so far this year.  Our class enjoyed a montage of videos and pictures highlighting many of our learning activities, and students enjoyed singing along to review these special times. Another treat we shared with the parents was exploring the  iPad Learning Lab.  The students showed their parents the many experiences they have developed on the iPads, and I think many of the parents caught the "love bug" for these technology tools!  Here are our students in action mentoring their parents on how to use the iPad.  



Thank you to all our parents who were able to come join us for this special time, and we look forward to seeing you again at Wellford Academy!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea! I love that title- Parents Share the Passion! I would love to try this with my families this year! We do so much with technology- I would love to have them share the passion with their children! Now if I could only get a lab of iPads.... I am very envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, thank you so much for your thoughtful words! I never expected to have iPad lab this year, so keep looking up :) Great things are in store for you! It was a treasure to see the students sharing their new discoveries with the parents, and I'm sure this is a picture of many great technology of things to come.

    ReplyDelete